AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laminectomy, good or bad results?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 5/14/2024 11:31 (#10739628 - in reply to #10739090)
Subject: RE: Laminectomy, good or bad results?

nw NC
I had the Lumbar laminectomy surgery in May of 2018 (age 66). Sciatic pain in left leg had started rather suddenly and was excruciating. A neurosurgeon with many years of experience and a great reputation was recommended by many people I knew so I selected him to do my surgery. As I awakened from anesthesia after surgery, the nurse sitting beside me noticed I was awake and she immediately said, " How is your pain?" I thought about it, moved my leg and hips and said , " It is gone, it's gone! "
That severe pain has never reoccurred, but for some months there was some numbness in the left leg, but it dissipated over time as damaged nerve healed. There is still some numbness noticeable in the sole of left foot when standing barefoot after removing my shoe at the end of the day.
For the last year or so, I can feel a pain in lower back as the very first thing upon going vertical when sitting up in bed and then standing. It is more of a soreness than a sharp stabbing, burning pain ( like the sciatic pain from years ago). It dissipates after being up and moving about for a few minutes. A cousin had the same surgery a few years ago and he tells of the same soreness upon arising from bed.

Best wishes for your surgery.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)