AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laminectomy, good or bad results?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bandsaw
Posted 5/14/2024 08:52 (#10739475 - in reply to #10739090)
Subject: RE: Laminectomy, good or bad results?

SW IN
My wife had a laminectomy many years ago to repair a ruptured disc. She recovered pretty quickly. I would call it very good results.
Last Thanksgiving I had to have surgery to fuse two vertebrae. I forget just what the medical term is. I had spacers, rods and screws installed along with a titanium screen with bone and bone paste to sort of start the process of building back bone. When they got me up to walk about 5 hours after surgery, although there was a lot of pain, I could tell it had fixed the problem. Before surgery I had to walk with a cane for the first part of the day.
I am still being careful what I do to some extent, but with the help of grandsons I resumed feeding cows with my pickup end of December out of necessity. I am pretty much back to normal work routine.
My back muscles get tired easily, but that will improve. If it doesn’t, I am still much better off than I was.
If our experience is the norm, I would say get it done and don’t live in pain.
Edit to add I definitely needed help particularly the first week or so. A borrowed lift chair was invaluable, as was a walker.

Edited by bandsaw 5/14/2024 08:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)