AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working RTK Base Station for less than $1,000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nnielsen
Posted 5/13/2024 03:49 (#10738251 - in reply to #10735653)
Subject: RE: Working RTK Base Station for less than $1,000

New Zealand
Golfnut, What is the name of your RTK2go stream? I am just curious and want to have a look at its contents.

------------
Edit: I found your stream in one of your earlier posts. I had a look, and it seems that the satellite data is not updating with each message. So even though the message rate is set to 1 sec in strsvr, the actual update rate is much much slower. What is the message rate set to in the F9P message configuration, and what is the time in the "rate" configuration page. If the rate (in the "rate" page) is 1000ms, and the message rate (in the message configuration page) set to 1. That should give you one new message per second from the F9P, which seems to be the standard.
-----

I found that my FMX is happiest when it is only receiving corrections for GPS and Glonass. And I guess you already know you need an empty 1008 message. If there is information in 1008, I found that it causes the FMX to behave very strange.
For the F9P you will need some kind of extra processing to add the 1008, like you already have with your computer.
The Mosaic can output it all on its own, so all that is needed is the internet connection. If you get the Ardusimple board, then also add the Ethernet shield, and maybe get the PoE adaptor too. Then the only cable needed is an Ethernet cable (with PoE), and the antenna cable.

With the Mosaic, a couple of message options for an FMX are:
RTCM older type: 1005, 1008, 1004, 1012, 1230
RTCM MSM4: 1005, 1008, 1074, 1084, 1230
CMR: 0, 1, 2,3

It can output all these streams at the same time, so it is possible to have one customised for FMX, but if you get a newer display in the future that has Galileo and Beidou, you can add another stream for that too, without compromising your FMX stream.

I did test RTCM very briefly on a TMX in the past. I went on a stream from a local CORS that had a few more messages in it, including a not empty 1008, but if I recall correct, it had a fix almost instantly.
I have tried the CMR stream from the mosaic on a FMX and and AG 382 (Agco branded 372), and that worked fine.

I also use RTKLIB strsvr to adjust coordinates for some different mountpoints. On mine I lose part of the Glonass corrections. I found some litterature on that some time ago, and it seems that STRSVR needs a RTCM 1020 to process Glonass completely. The Mosaic can output that as well.

The F9P will not track as many GPS satellites as the Mosaic , because it can only receive newer L2C signal types on the L2 frequency. So you will struggle to get more than 7 GPS satellites, where the Mosaic may track 4-5 more. But if you have the Glonass available on the FMX, that may not be an issue.

Here are a few pictures of the configuration pages on the Mosaic:

Edited by nnielsen 5/13/2024 05:29

(CMR1 (full).png)

(Mesasge 2 (full).png)

(Message 1 (full).png)

(Overview (full).png)

(Position (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CMR1 (full).png (28KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments Mesasge 2 (full).png (50KB - 10 downloads)
Attachments Message 1 (full).png (39KB - 17 downloads)
Attachments Overview (full).png (77KB - 17 downloads)
Attachments Position (full).png (106KB - 18 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)