AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Side by side trailers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/12/2024 22:17 (#10738196 - in reply to #10738151)
Subject: RE: Side by side trailers?

Pittsburg, Kansas

With the 2 door Polaris General we just used a single axle steel 12' trailer with short sides and flip down tail gate and it worked fine.

When we went to the 4 door Polaris RZR I found a barely used 22' Aluma tandem axle trailer. It is just long enough to haul the RZR in the front and wifes CanAm Spyder motorcycle just behind it. Works good. Unless bad weather in Arizona we leave the trailer hooked to the Armada and ride the motorcycle all the time for groceries and short trips around the area.

The trailer has slide in ramps which have plus and minuses. The plus is they are long enough the three wheel motorcycle (with an additional ramp for the rear single wheel) will load without scraping. It is a very low clearance machine and will not load up over anything other than a modest angle. The downside is they are heavy to handle. I don't have any trouble with them (yet) but wife would struggle if she had to do them. That said there are lighter ones made and in fact the third one we use is a cheapie from Harbor Freight and is very light.

The flip down ramps are a lot quicker and handier. They both have their advantages.

The brand of my trailer is Aluma which is the same brand Iowa Mark has. It is a nicely built and well built trailer. Aluminum is nice if you get into the bigger trailers and are going to pull it a lot of miles. On the shorter single axle trailers probably not that much difference. Mostly weight savings so pulls easier.

Edited by John Burns 5/12/2024 22:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)