AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Uploading pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2024 10:27 (#10737621 - in reply to #10736630)
Subject: RE: Uploading pics

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This may not pertain to you with your Mac but I've had to change my approach with pictures with my iPhone and Windows PC.

I noticed on my el cheapo Android tablet from Wal-Mart that I was not able to exchange information between it and my Windows computer unless I "gave permission" to the activity in the Setup. I suppose the idea was that this might prevent the casual user from getting in "too deep" and messing up some important files.

I don't know if the change I've noticed is along those lines or not.

In the past, I was able to connect my computer and iPhone with a data cable. The iPhone or iPad would usually appear as a removable drive. I could click on the iPhone or iPad look for the Internal Storage folder. It contained the DCIM folder which contained the various Apple folders and ultimately my pictures.

Lately I am not able to get down to the DCIM folder. It as if there are no pictures, yet they are visible on the phone. I tried this just now and got a message after a delay asking if asking if it was OK to allow this device (my Win computer) to access the files.

After "allowing" access, I am able to click on the iPhone and immediately skip to the various Apple folders without the DCIM step.

I have gotten into the habit of copying an pictures I may want to use on AgTalk or elsewhere to the computer first and then posting them from the computer rather than trying to upload them directly from the phone.

I have on Win 11 computer and it has a piece of software that recognizes when I plug in my iPhone and immediately shows all my pictures whether I want to see them or not. It makes it easy to transfer any or all of the newest pictures to the computer. This is usually handy but can be irritating if I just want to charge the iPhone off the computer.

Edited by tedbear 5/14/2024 06:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)