AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Turnpath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2024 09:30 (#10737580 - in reply to #10737552)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Turnpath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I tried the free trial early this Spring since we had an open Winter. I tested it without an implement and was quite impressed so I purchased the unlock. My great nephew did all the planting with it but I planted for an hour or so and it seemed to work nicely. Even more than my first time out with Auto Steer, I was a bit nervous and had my hands close to the wheel for the first couple of Headlands but it worked nicely.

This is on the planting tractor with Steer Command Z2. I have Steady Steer in the combine which works well with soybeans so I can use it there also although turning around with the combine is certainly not very hard. I use a feeler system in corn so Turn Path would not be an option.

I may try Steady Steer in my Hagie STS-12 where Turn Path would be a possibility. I'm not certain how it would all work since this Hagie (new to me) has All Wheel Steer.

A problem I anticipate in the Hagie with the All Wheel Steer is that if Steady Steer is calibrated for Front Wheel steering for actual spraying, the calibration characteristics would not be appropriate for All Wheel Steering using Turn Path on the Headlands.

Like you I wondered if the unlock was worth the unlock fee. Right or Wrong, I went with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)