AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skip a grade in school?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

todd67648
Posted 5/12/2024 08:29 (#10737512 - in reply to #10735850)
Subject: RE: Skip a grade in school?

Interesting topic.... I believe you need to do whatever the best outcome for your child, as only you know the situation the best. In my situation I was the youngest in my class. I got along ok academically but I always felt as if I was a "year behind" athletically and sometimes socially. Ironically all of our children had summer birthdays so we had the luxury of choosing. Start early and be young in their class or wait a year and be an older kid in class. We opted to start our children later, so they were older as I didn't want them to feel like I did during adolescence. I'm far from an expert on this topic, but I feel the confidence a child gains at a young age helps build their character as they mature into an adult. My peanut brain makes me believe it's naturally easier to be more confident in yourself when your mentally, physically and socially in the top tier of the classroom which helps mold them later in life. I'm sure our children got sick of my reminding them ..."Be a leader - not a follower."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)