AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skip a grade in school?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hankster1966
Posted 5/10/2024 21:18 (#10736169 - in reply to #10736066)
Subject: RE: Skip a grade in school?

Manola,Ab, Ca
My Father started me in school when I was four, I remember at the registration day Dad arguing with school staff about me starting school as they thought I was too young , I turned five in October so I was always the youngest in my class. I was not the smallest kid. I was always competing for top marks on tests. At times teachers would refuse to call on me to answer a question to allow others to answer.
I believe it was the fourth or fifth grade and maybe both that the class ahead of was too large for one class but not large enough to make two so they took the top five students and put them in our class. They were expected to do independent study to some extent but the teacher also spent time teaching them at their grade level. I would listen in and was able to understand and learn their material. Learning has always came easy for me so that may have helped.
I never excelled at sports but academics was never a problem until I made it to high school and then it was only a lack of interest in certain subjects not a lack of ability.
My situation was not exactly the same but similar and I don’t feel it hindered my education.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)