AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Because we have so many experts with the DOT rules.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CMN
Posted 5/3/2024 14:05 (#10727440 - in reply to #10726791)
Subject: A couple questions.

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
My granddaughter is taking a nap after lunch so I thought I would ask "ole Sledge" seeings how you claim to have helped write 168.013 Subd. 3. (3) when you made a reply to me in a TPP forum thread in the same manner you spoke to the cop that pulled you over...and thank you for helping to write 168.013 Subd. 3. (3).

After re-reading your question, what do you mean by no limit? No limit to what? I interpreted your question as to how many 10% or less over GVW loads and/or overweight tickets are exempt from overweight fines, not just two loads/year.

Per statute..."first haul" means (i) the first, continuous transportation of unprocessed or raw farm products from the place of production or on-farm storage site to any other location within 100 miles of the place of production or on-farm storage site

Hauling my grain, from my field, to my farm bin, myself, with my truck, is obviously first continuous transport.

Can I then claim first continous transport from my farm bin to an end user, if I am hauling the same unprocessed grain myself using my truck, or does the haul from my bin to end user now have to be done by a differnt truck owner to qualify as first continous transport? My interprtation is that I no longer qualify for first continous transport hauling my own grain from my own bins.

If I'm caught hauling 10% over my GVW from my bins with my truck to an end user....

Can I claim I drove a different truck I own from the field to my bins when my grain was hauled to my bin so I can now claim first continous haul when hauling from my bin to end user to qualify for first continous haul?

Can I claim my wife or an employee drove a truck I own from the field to my bins when the grain was hauled to my bins so I can now claim first continous haul when hauling from my bin to end user to qualify for first continous haul?

Is artifical grain drying grain (running bin fans, running grain through a grain dryer) considered processing? How about screening grain? Many people say yes.

If all my farm binned grain has been artificially dried, does anyone hauling from my farm bin qualify for the 10% over GVW exemption?

If my bin is 50% filled with dried grain and 50% filled with grain that was hauled directly from field to bin, are the people transporting my grain only 50% exempt?

How can a DOT officer tell if grain has been processed (artificially dried) or not?

One last question.

How can you not find and correctly interpret the language in a statute you wrote?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)