AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla sacks charging team?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/3/2024 12:15 (#10727330 - in reply to #10727286)
Subject: RE: Tesla sacks charging team?

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

So, how much road tripping do you do? And how much road-tripping does the average driver do? If you are driving 60 miles every day, you are spending a lot more time at the filling station than I or anyone with a level 2 charger in their driveway or garage will. Then consider the time you spend having the oil changed on your car. When it's chilly out, do you have a rule for how long you want the car to run before turning it off? If you drive an EV, there is no need to worry about the engine getting warmed up. Plus, the heat from an EV with a heat pump is much faster to arrive in the cabin than it will be from an ICE, that needs to warm a cold block and cold coolant before you get warmth from the heater.
A half hour to an hour at every "fueling" stop is a bit of a stretch on how long it takes to charge an EV. I have noticed that many folks give me a hard time about wanting to drive no more than 450 to 500 miles per day, when road tripping. Come to find out, that amount of miles is about average and I can accomplish a full day of driving with about an hour of charging. Consider that I can eat and refresh myself during that time and it isn't nearly as burdensome as many would have us believe. 
In my travels, I can see the travel centers fully endorsing EV chargers. Many large charging sites along the Interstates have seen brand new stores pop up with a few gas pumps but big stores full of supplies for travelers. I'm also noticing established travel centers encourage charger installs. I think they appreciate folks with 10 extra minutes to kill, while their car charges.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)