AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who has been predicting???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

htfsc
Posted 5/2/2024 21:50 (#10726772 - in reply to #10726683)
Subject: RE: Who has been predicting???

NC
I think a lot of the so called experts "speak it into existence", whatever it is. Most of the people writing the articles aren't putting seed in the ground and are telling you where they want the market to go. I follow the cotton market closest because corn and beans are just a rotation and our land just doesn't hang with national averages. And the few places you can read about the cotton market everyone says you're going to take it on the chin and don't expect to see a profit if you're close to average. It's frustrating to read because it seems like they're more than happy to see the market well below the breakeven. It would be nice if someone actually went to bat for the farmer and said it's ridiculous for the market to be where it's at. And I've read plenty of times on here how some farmers have had it to good to long. I don't understand that logic, I've got friends in the construction industry where basically all you have to do is work a couple days a week and you can name your price. Ask one particular friend with dump trucks what he charges to haul x just to get an idea of what's going on and he says his trucks stay parked if he can't make a certain amount. Why can't farmers make good money every year? A lot of other industries are. The middle men and everyone else with their hand out seem to be doing well for themselves. Not complaining, just how I see it. There are more new pickups parked at construction sites than on farms but farmers seem to be the only ones scolded for wanting a new truck or piece of equipment. Something seriously wrong with our industry and I'm guilty as the next guy because I keep doing it thinking it will get better. Farmers carry the load for a lot of companies. Just recently a commercial drone company filed for bankruptcy, didn't have a lot of assets or liabilities but they did have well over 100 million dollars invested in their company by multiple companies with syngenta being one of the top donors Instead of cutting prices for the customers that actually pay, they light money on fire with risky investments and they'll say it was a cost of doing business and raise prices on products to keep the margins at a good level. Felt real good seeing that first box of syngenta chemicals roll in the yard after reading that article knowing that I just helped fund some doomed startup give their ceo a big paycheck. Can only imagine the other wasted dollars spent on bs investments.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)