AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I had a heart attack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 5/2/2024 20:26 (#10726655 - in reply to #10725286)
Subject: RE: I had a heart attack

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
Chief Illiniwek - 5/2/2024 10:02

Since Gene is gone I’ll post this. I kept it to myself because at the end of the day, grief is grief and I also have never lost a spouse. But for myself only I lose patience for those who day after day talk extensively of losing a loved one who, even though it hurts and may feel it was before their time, lived a fairly long life. To me, those people have never lost a very important person at a very young age. When someone 60+ passes, it hurts but they got to be there for so much. The hurt of the loss is huge but there’s comfort in the time you got, the memories you shared. And if spiritual the comfort of seeing them again soon. When someone young passes, like a child, well it’s just different to me. I’ve had friends who 6 months after a 90+ year old grandparent passed were still moping about it. And I suppose that’s their right, and wonderful they had such a deep love and connection with that grandparent. But for myself, I don’t have a ton of patience to console them.

Edit: and I’m not even directing this at Gene’s situation necessarily, it’s more just a commentary on the loss of 60+ year olds vs children and young adults, the kinds of grief experienced, and patience for hearing out that grief.

I realize everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I must admit that yours is one of the most heartless opinions I have ever heard.

He's old, get over it.

The surviving person can't just turn off the feelings because the other person was "old".

I find the idea that if a young person dies we should grieve, if an old person dies we should just move on rather offensive.

Edited by Mark (EC,IN) 5/2/2024 20:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)