AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flow Meter for filling tender trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Luke Skywalker
Posted 5/2/2024 20:17 (#10726640 - in reply to #10722805)
Subject: Our Banjo Flowmeter Experience...

Arva, Ontario

First, read the instructions.
It will tell you that it requires 24" of straight going either side of the meter to function well. 

I will tell you that on the output side of any mixing system, they are horrible. Bubbles, foam, whatever, but they lose accuracy big time. 

In our case, we have the flowmeter on the suction side of the pump, regardless if you're using a venturi system, or your sucking chems through the pump. 

In our case, for a load, we have to subtract the volume of liquid products from the total, and even then, we have discovered that we have to multiply the pure water by a "fudge constant" (for us 0.95) to be bang on with our Raven controller on the sprayer. 

So for example, I'm adding 25 gallons of Roundup, and 50 gallons of Acuron to the batch. So, 1000 gallons total is what I want to have. 1000 - 25 - 50 = 925 gallons of water. Then, because the meter isn't perfectly accurate, from experience, I'll add 925 x 0.95 = 879 gallons of water according to the Banjo flowmeter. Chems added using a scale, water added by flowmeter, very good accuracy. 

I'm normally within 5 gallons on 1000 gallon loads with this system. 

The Accu-Volume is the Cadillac system. Never seen one on a hot load trailer, but why not blaze the trail?

Luke

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)