AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tips on using InCommand/Steer Command/Boundaries/Smart Path
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/17/2024 04:22 (#10709600 - in reply to #10707832)
Subject: RE: Tips on using InCommand/Steer Command/Boundaries/Smart Path

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the replies. The replies seem to indicate that what we want to do is certainly possible. I had certainly thought it should be since our fields are mostly rectangles which should be reasonably simple.

Apparently there was some mistake in performing the steps. It sounds as if Smart Path must be turned ON first. I believe guidance for the second passes on the sides was fine but it was the second Headland pass that had the problem.

When watching one of the Ag Leader Tutorials, they mention the ability to create "groups" of AB lines. That seems straight forward enough but I miss the point of them. When would they be all that useful? Would groups enter in with what we are trying to do?

From the descriptions above, it sounds as if SmartPath just plain works but in this case it apparently did not. This was the first and only field so far for this year. There were several things to watch due to some other unrelated changes. It may be just fine for the next field.

As far as using Turn Path and IMS. I've messed with IMS in the past and found it useful for auto downshifting (Power Shift), dif lock etc. I really prefer to do the hydraulic functions myself. With the planter that would only be the frame raise/lower on the Headlands.

I drove the tractor earlier without the planter to check out Turn Path which seemed fine. I don't know if my Great Nephew modified the Turn parameters or if the default was fine. Our neighbor across the road was planting at the same time with his complete Deere setup. I don't think he did anything at all on the Headlands as the tractor handled raising/lowering the planter as well as turning around. With our Ag Leader system we still have to raise/lower the planter ourselves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)