AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tips on using InCommand/Steer Command/Boundaries/Smart Path
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ShopTeacher
Posted 4/16/2024 20:36 (#10709351 - in reply to #10707832)
Subject: RE: Tips on using InCommand/Steer Command/Boundaries/Smart Path

NW MN

I have only been a Smartpath user since the firmware update that had the new button that let you toggle back and forth from a guidance line to Smartpath. That was great. Before I didn’t really use it.

Smartpath will steer to a boundary or any logged pass. A lot of my customers really like it for headlands or non-straight edges. I use it primarily for oddball sections of fields such as one 3 acre thumb that sticks out into a slough and on edges that change year to year based on moisture conditions. I also use it when working on fields that I probably will only be on once.

I have been running RTK since my second crop back in 2015. RTK gives the ability to save Identical Curve patterns for my non-straight field edges and load them at any time. I can roll into a field and load a curve pattern from almost a decade ago and go. This also is nice for spraying and top dressing to find the right row on the outer pass.

TerraStar C-Pro is rated for around 2” year to year repeatability. Plenty fine for saving an reusing guidance lines in most cases. I’d try saving some Identical Curve patterns for you headlands that are not apt to change. I’ve never had an identical curve not steer an additional pass. 

Edited by ShopTeacher 4/16/2024 20:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)