AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tips on using InCommand/Steer Command/Boundaries/Smart Path
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/15/2024 17:42 (#10707832)
Subject: Tips on using InCommand/Steer Command/Boundaries/Smart Path

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

Our planter tractor is a Deere 8310R with an InCommand 1200 and Steer Command Z2 with Terra Star Pro C and subscription running through the tractor's CAN steering system. The steering works very well.

This year my great nephew made a new accurate set of field boundaries. Many were out of date, some had changed etc. He does the planting. Our fields are mostly rectangles and fairly good sized. His usual plan is to make two passes around the outside of the field with our 24-30" 1770NT. He would then generally start on the first side with a previously created AB line although it could be a continuation of the first two passes. The field would be planted across until the last pass mates up with the initial outer two passes on the other side. Auto swath would take care of the Headlands and eventual point rows to finish the field.

He tried this on the only field done so far this year. It didn't work quite as he expected on the Headlands as it did not steer him on the second Headland pass. Personally, I  never trusted myself with Smart Path when I did the planting and always dropped a marker to be on the safe side. I'm certain that what we wish to do is possible.

I would appreciate a review of the steps that could be done to make best use of the equipment we have.

On another note, once the planting got going, he tried using Turn Path for automated turns on the Headlands. I understand the default settings worked very well.

TIA

Edited by tedbear 4/15/2024 17:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)