AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3D printers are pretty handy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 4/14/2024 13:04 (#10706451 - in reply to #10706058)
Subject: RE: 3D printers are pretty handy

NEND

I agree with all that. If you enjoy drawing/designing things, go for it. But expect to invest some time learning. YouTube is your friend for learning. CAD is fun if you’re able to catch on. If computers aren’t really your thing, find someone who will draw something up for you, most of us who have some experience could draw something relatively quickly, and might enjoy the challenge.

A few options (free)

TinkerCAD
Free, online platform, about the easiest CAD program, but very limited. I’ve seen some impressive drawings done with it, but one would have to learn many work-arounds. But a good place to start, and for basic shapes, might be all you need for a while.

Fusion 360
Free with limited use, someone will surely add those as I’m not totally sure, but I believe there are file quantity limits, but can be worked around. I hope someone explains further. Pretty popular, so there are tons of YouTube tutorials. Much steeper learning curve than TinkerCAD

FreeCAD
This is what I chose to use. I’m not going to argue that it’s the best, but I get along pretty good. It has a steep learning curve also, but it has no usage limits. Installs on your computer

OnShape
Seems to be a getting to be a popular online platform. I’m not familiar with it, but it’s supposed to be quite intuitive

Edited by bmatteson 4/14/2024 15:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)