AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Eclipse pics from Perryville MO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 4/9/2024 07:58 (#10700112 - in reply to #10699929)
Subject: RE: My Eclipse pics from Perryville MO

SWOH
Mark (EC,IN) - 4/9/2024 03:40

We had four minutes of totality here.

What I was surprised at were the shadows on the horizon right before and right after.

First, looking at the clouds to the southwest..... black as could be, it almost looked like we should go to the basement.

Then, a few minutes later it was in the northeast the sky looked like a storm was brewing.

Another thing that I found neat was how fast it cooled off ........ we dropped 5 degrees during the darkness.

I’ve experienced two tornadoes nearby and that’s kind of the feel it had in the air. It was a little breezy leading up to totality and then it was dead calm and just kind of an eerie feeling in the air during totality. The clouds got really dark and looked like we were about to get dumped on. But the amazing thing to me was just how different the light was all afternoon, it almost seemed like fake lighting. Very crisp and just felt different, especially when the shadows started. And I expected the temperature drop, like when a cloud covers the sun on a hot day, but this felt different. It was a pretty cool experience. Weather was perfect, no problems with clouds, and glad I got to see it. Wouldn’t have lost sleep if I didn’t get to see it though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)