AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NCAA Women's Championship
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 4/8/2024 10:09 (#10699016)
Subject: NCAA Women's Championship

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

Congratulations to the South Carolina Lady Gamecocks (a contradiction in terms, but nevertheless, congratulations) on achieving an undefeated season and the NCAA championship. The game turned out about the way I thought it would. While I realize each team had only five players on the court at one time, Iowa's five played against nine SC players. Taking nothing away from Iowa (they are an outstanding team), they were just overmatched. Iowa had no answer for Cardoza and SC was able to give their starters regular breaks because of a deep bench. Even superstars get tired, especially when they have a body on them the whole game. Once again, offense will get your name in the headlines but defense wins championships.

Just to clarify. I do NOT think Dawn Staley is a great coach. I think she is an effective recruiter. She has been able to put together a team, including a bench, with which almost any coach could win. Furthermore, I think she is delusional for her statement concerning men who want to dress up and play like they are girls. That's an idiotic belief.

On the team mascot, maybe instead of Lady Gamecocks they should call themselves the Clucking Hens:-) There is a high school near here whose sports mascot is a Ram. I find it amusing they the girls' team is referred to as the Lady Rams. Maybe they should call themselves the Ewes. Another school has a Trojan mascot. I think if I was a female on that team I might be promoting the idea of a name change. One high school did something about the name. The boys' team is called the Hornets. The girls are called the Honey Bees. There is a DII college in Arkansas where the men are called Boll Weevils and the women are the Cotton Blossoms. Just a few things I find amusing on a Monday morning.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)