AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early memorable birthdays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GS2
Posted 4/8/2024 07:34 (#10698774 - in reply to #10698035)
Subject: RE: Early memorable birthdays

North Central US
Mine is during harvest, which is my favorite time of the year. Usually most of the family was out to help as well.

The earliest one I remember is when Dad started a field by the house without me, and I was more concerned about that than the party, until Grandma came in. He cut a swath around so Grandpa could drive right up to the back door which had less stairs for Grandma, who wasn't expected. She passed not long after and Mom said she was bound and determined to come for it.

Grade school...it was a rule you had to invite everyone in your class if you invited anyone from the class, so with the way kids are, I quit inviting people from school pretty quickly. I know we weren't rich, but...

Grandpa(the other one) Usually would come out for harvest and would grumble that "he wasn't here to eat cake, he was here to combine and haul grain" yet never refused cake. I would usually ride to the field in the truck with him and later get in the combine with dad.

That last one was the most common type and my favorite. Family and cake, then back to the field for combining wheat. If harvest was over soon, we would go to Rollag as well.

Edited by GS2 4/8/2024 07:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)