AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early memorable birthdays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 4/7/2024 18:41 (#10698136 - in reply to #10698035)
Subject: RE: Early memorable birthdays

Sheridan Mi
I don't really have any real memories of an early birthday, but I do remember that back in the early days, my mother worked for the local weekly advertising paper. She'd go around to local businesses on Monday and Tuesdays to pick up ads. One of them was the local Deere dealer. She'd always get me the newest Deere toy for my birthday. I think the first was a 110 lawn tractor. I think I got the rrailer for it the next year. I got a 494 planter and a chuck wagon. I remember a set of 1/64 scale that went from the Froelich to the D, A, probably a 60, then 630 and a 3010.
What I really remember was an early Christmas. I was three and a half and I got a whole set of 1/16 Deeres. I got the 620 tractor, combine, mounted picker, wagon, manure spreader, 14T metal tine baler and disc. I can remember those boxes like it was yesterday. They were all in the green and yellow enclosed boxes. The ones that they call ice cream boxes. I've got a picture of Dad with me that morning.

I got the Oliver 88 pedal tractor for Christmas when I was eighteen months. I still have the tractor, but I don't remember getting it.

Edited by Sidneyfarmer 4/7/2024 18:42

(IMG (2) (full).jpg)

(294 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG (2) (full).jpg (89KB - 39 downloads)
Attachments 294 (full).JPG (86KB - 34 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)