AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Take the time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ronm
Posted 4/7/2024 12:41 (#10697577 - in reply to #10697295)
Subject: RE: Take the time

Fruita CO
Jon - 4/7/2024 08:14

Who is going to feed the cows while im gone? Are you offering? What about when they lick the chain on the gate and get it open when you're 40 miles from home on vacation?

Tell me how long planting season is going to last? We have already squandered the first 7 days of April and haven't turned a wheel because it won't quit raining. Is this going to keep up?
Are you offering to spray for me so i can go on vacation?

Honestly my wife is planning a trip for the last week of July this year. Its probably going to be ok, but im as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs about being gone that long. What if i need to spray something? What about if we are dry, in 2012 we were chopping corn silage by then.

To me its way more work and stress to prepare and be gone on vacation than it is to stay home and keep everything running smoothly. When my wife was growing up she was the youngest, so her older brother could stay home, and grandmother to keep things running at home while they ran around . We don't have that option.

You sound like the guy here who never took any time off, always had to be first one done, son & son-in-law left because they couldn't keep up...wife died of cancer. Hired man found him dead in the tractor one morning, fired it up to warm it up & checked out right there with it running. Kids sold the farm as soon as he was buried...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)