AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Vehicles on Public Roads
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 2/10/2010 21:50 (#1068941 - in reply to #1068824)
Subject: Re: Farm Vehicles on Public Roads

West Union, Illinois

Mark and Les, I think you both are missing the point.  The kid was running a 7700 gallon tank on a public road!  I don't care how good he is or what kind of family operation they are running,  that's poor judgment.  Even if the kid was the best operator on the family, fully aware and fully trained, it does not take into account the harsh reality of conditions today.

Let's revisit the incident.  First it was NOT the family farm, it was a contractor doing a job.  There were 2 rigs involved pulling 7700 gallon tankers.  They met on a narrow road and neither gave way.  Does that show good judgment?  If anything it proves the point.  Someone did not have their act together and as a result a tractor, tanker, and a whole bunch of what suddenly became hazardous waste ended up in the ditch fairly close to a major waterway.  To me it just proves maybe the driver was not doing what he should have done.

What you guys are advocating is just like the local gravel pit putting a 6th or 7th grade kid in a semi on the road. "He knows what he is doing, he's been running one in the pit for 2 years". 

Sorry gentlemen, but I have to call you on this one.  The facts as presented say you are wrong.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)