AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New agronomist looking for advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TurnRow
Posted 3/27/2024 19:32 (#10683183 - in reply to #10683004)
Subject: RE: New agronomist looking for advice

North Texas Panhandle Dumas Texas
You're post reminds me of my experiences from 35 years ago. I had farmed for 20 years with family, but parted ways
and accepted a position selling acid fertilizers as well as still farming 320 acres that I owned.
Acid fertilizers are very advantageous in arid areas with high pH levels but it can be a tough business competing with commodity fertilizers. If your area is like mine it may be difficult educating growers about the advantages of acid fertilizers. When I accepted the position selling acid fertilizer I was told it would be a sales postion, but turned into plant manager, formulater, applicator and equipment engineer. I also had to change from a farmer's mentality about fertilizers to an agronomist that understands the commodity fertilizer industry as well as acid fertilizer.
You are right about acid fertilizers being well suited to potatoes. I am located in the High Plains region of Texas.
I hope you have the support of a strong organization behind you. Are the acid fertilizers formulated locally or are they shipped in?
I would love to visit with you and share some of my expericiences. Is there some way I can contact you?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)