AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stirrator replacement ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 2/10/2010 16:11 (#1068274 - in reply to #1068164)
Subject: RE: Stirrator replacement ?

Leesburg, Ohio
..............."have had wet 27% corn over the angle iron trolly and it still ran ".............

That one i will never believe! Just not gonna happen!

I probably have more experience over more years with stirring devices than most. We have 13 stirring devices. Oldest was installed in 1967. Newest was installed in 2008. Some years we will have 14 or 15 running including bins rented from neighbors.

Old ones are junk. Spent almost $2000 on one this fall. New ones are fairly trouble free if not over-filled.

The two we have the least trouble with are the new DMCs. The ones we have the most trouble with are any of the Sukups. The original 42 year old DMC is fairly reliable, but get less use than some others.

If I have a choice, I'll never put another one in. Of any brand. We will be removing several in the near future since we have expanded our storage capacity at the main site with the continuous-flow dryer.

The one we installed in 2008 is on a rented farm that will never have a continuous-flow dryer. Otherwise it would not have been replaced. If at all possible, i would recommend a stand-alone dryer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)