AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morton buildings PRICES NEEDED or at least good guess
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

thor
Posted 2/10/2010 08:35 (#1067589 - in reply to #1066635)
Subject: RE: Morton buildings PRICES NEEDED or at least good guess

northern MN

In 2007 I built a 60*135. I priced a foltz and another name brand that I cant recall. I did not price a morton as there advertised price was ridiculous. Man they were expensive compared to a lumber yard. I went with the lumber yard. My neighbor put up a foltz at the same time, there are significant differences. The foltz is a better building, but I still am not convinced it is worth the difference. If I wanted a shop I would defiantly go Foltz or morton but for cold storage I think I got a good building for $43000 compared to well over $50.

When folltz realized how serious I was they came back (to late) with a lower quality, lower bid, building. My question to them had been why are they so expensive when they had been a price leader? The country side is full of lower priced foltz buildings that have had no problems. The building I put up has rafters on 7.5' centers and my morton (shop) is on 9' centers. Over Christmas we had an excess of 4' of snow on the roof and had no problem but I was very concerned. Neighbor just had a steel truss building go down the other day. I think the number one difference in the buildings is the quality of the crews. My building was started 2 weeks before my neighbors and finished 2 weeks later. Mine was done well but an awful lot of grief to get there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)