AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Vehicles on Public Roads
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sfi
Posted 2/9/2010 23:55 (#1067350 - in reply to #1067242)
Subject: Re: Farm Vehicles on Public Roads

Oregon
These proposed regulations, like so many existing ones, are designed as a solution to WHAT problem!!!! To me, that is the most obvious thing that doesn't ever get asked. Some idiot activist sets out to protect the world from something that on the surface sounds reasonable to folks who know nothing about the situation...and they don't want to look like child killers so they pass the crap into law. I would like to think every law has some sort of intent...something that is wrong, that is being righted. There is just no common sense in anything anymore. So...are there masses of people being killed by us awful farmers and farm kids operating vehicles of husbandry on the roads? If the answer was yes, you might make a good argument for tighter regulations. I'm pretty sure the answer is NO. I wish there was some way to point out how senseless this kind of stuff is to the regulators, have them see what it is you're saying, and be done with it. Geeze, you just want to tell em where to go and to leave us alone...we have work to do and food to produce.

That said, yes there are occasional terrible accidents involving farm stuff on the roads...often because the person in the private vehicle was just plain driving stupidly (maybe not illegally, but like Dad always said,"does it do any good to be dead right"?) but sometimes there was an idiot farmer on the road doing something really stupid. It is very unfortunate, but regulations don't fix stupid. It's like the gun control argument.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)