AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finishing Building
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 3/18/2024 10:46 (#10669907 - in reply to #10669770)
Subject: RE: Finishing Building

SE Manitoba
Moose333 - 3/18/2024 09:05

I mean I will be building a grower finish building this summer in snow country. 40x64 with 5" concrete floor and 10" walls 4 foot high. I have seen plenty of things half assed. Why would you want to deal with the headache of lime or dirt or whatever. Yes it absorbs waste but guess what? Environmental stuff is not going to get anly less stringent. Could make problems down the road that would just cost more than just doing concrete to begin with. Concrete is forever and done right you will be happy. Adding a 15' apron on the front so can clean and load all on concrete. No mess no mud. Ive seen buildings that at the time they thought they were good and now are a headache. IE the whole confinement isnt under shelter, no pad out front, etc. Many sheds are built so sunlight can reach everywhere. Here every shed gets faced towards the south for that exact reason.

That's the problem - - - that 'forever' thing!

Are you going to be around 'forever'? Or at least 25 years?
Lots of concrete in a farmyard is a negative when no one wants it (your kids selling - - - or are you counting on your kids wanting into the business - - - - can you guarantee that?)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)