AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting a grain bin setup from scratch...please advise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 2/17/2024 09:39 (#10627160 - in reply to #10626594)
Subject: RE: Starting a grain bin setup from scratch...please advise

Mid-Michigan
farmerisland - 2/16/2024 20:16

Just playing devil's advocate and mirroring what AGB just said, but couldn't there be a potential (high?) that waiting for lower interest and ideally lower input/building costs would ultimately result in a notably higher yet cost to build in a few years? I hate what the inflation has done lately, but I don't think it's gonna reverse.

I dragged this out for several years. I tried very hard to buy, rent lease an existing system. I couldn't. This cost me several thousand dollars (waiting). Then, I spent several more years looking for a piece of property that fit for my operation. I finally found a piece that was zoned for what I wanted to build and was at a price that I was willing to pay. I wasn't willing to pay the going rate for farm land acreage. I find it comical that guys are willing to pay $20,000 for an acre of ground but unwilling to put the infrastructure up for the commodity they grow but willing to pay someone else to handle it (elevator). This cost me several more thousand. For the size of your operation, I'd be getting things rolling. I've read lots of these comments and some are just stupid. I see this a lot like tiling. Why wouldn't you tile if economically it's a proven fact that it will make you money? Your grain system will pay dividends. Get it over with. You can listen to some of these half-ass ideas and wish you had completed the project later but waiting will just cost you money like it did me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)