AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting a grain bin setup from scratch...please advise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerisland
Posted 2/16/2024 20:00 (#10626577 - in reply to #10626276)
Subject: RE: Starting a grain bin setup from scratch...please advise

NW Iowa
That's a good question, thanks! I updated the OP with the needed ac/bu/yield/harvest capacity info. I appreciate the Q because I do need to consider that. For right now, my thought is to not need to store absolutely everything, though with unlimited budget I would want that ability (for the years not like currently where it really truly pays to store your grain from harvest). But even from a 2023 crop where it would've been best to hedge it all in June, I still want/need more storage capability during harvest because by me, the elevator gets overloaded and can shut ya down at 3 pm, or even noon in the bad pressure years where everything has to be dried like 2019. We could get longer bean cutting days in too if we would bin slightly too wet and dry them down vs. wait out for the elevator to take them.

Can you clarify a bit more on what your drive over drag looks like (underground from the dump?) and what you've done to avoid water issues.... plus what you meant by "side draws from the larger bins". And then how much do you know about the air systems compared to the traditional leg? I've only heard an air system referenced once.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)