AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

San Diego must see or do??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

R2farm
Posted 2/7/2024 23:13 (#10613741 - in reply to #10613639)
Subject: RE: San Diego must see or do??

sw Nebraska
As others have said the Midway is excellant.
My late uncle was retired Navy and my aunt had the right stickers so she could shop the px and get on different bases. My San Diego native cousin had the gift of gab and could talk his way into or out of most situations. Anyway not long after Topgun came out we were in town and I wanted to see Miramar so we go through the gates and he drives down one of the access lanes paralell to the main runway and we were watching I think F-18's come in. The F14's were grounded due to an issue. Pretty soon here comes Shore Patrol and my cuz went back to talk to them and comes back telling us we were to follow the SPs and we were all going to the Brigg. After he got the desired reaction from his country cousin he said they just told him to vacate the area. This was pre 911 of course. My cousin took us all over town but I could never navigate or handle the traffic to all the sites we saw. He knew all the great little mom and pop Mexican resturants and diners.
We were there for a conference later and went with some farmer buds to the bar from the Original Top gun on the waterfront right close to our hotel. There were a few English speaking sailors from another Navy doing joint operations we partied with for awhile but overall it was pretty dead . I was younger then and not someplace I would go to now but it was cool.
So the San Diego Zoo is popular, and lots of good resturants close to the Midway in Old Town San Diego. I'm sure you can get some good recs when you get there. I really enjoyed San Diego, LA not so much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)