AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

April fats
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

peterbilt379
Posted 2/6/2024 20:28 (#10611661 - in reply to #10611433)
Subject: RE: April fats

My LRP hasn't settled out yet or I just haven't seen the settlement paper. I was in Jan. feeders at 2.50 on a thousand pounder. There hasn't been a thousand pounder close to that yet. Here is where the LRP program screws the big cattle. It is all lumped together to get the index from 600 to 1000 pounds. The 6 to 8 weights right now will carry the index higher because of what they are bringing. The index is figured out of a 7 state area I believe with the usda reporting at the barns is my understanding. I am just guessing that my index was close to 1.36 maybe. So I am due a 14 dollar payment minus the premium of 8 to 10 I can remember what it cost. After all of that I am going to get a whole 40 dollars after the premium I am guessing. 1000 pounders right now are worth maybe 2.20 not sure. That will get me to 2260 which is a longs way from 2500. When I bought it I had a pretty good understanding how it worked. It is always good to try so you can learn on your own. I am thinking any protection a straight hedge might be better and just trade dollar for dollar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)