AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pepsi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 2/6/2024 13:51 (#10611053 - in reply to #10610987)
Subject: RE: Pepsi

East of Broken Bow
Pepsico is into SOOOOO many things I can't see them going out of business.

However, they are doing some sort of restructuring, and I'm not sure what is going on, from here it seems like there are city people trying to push their ideas into the more rural areas.
My example for this would be our local Pizza Hut. I personally know a few people who worked there, and they struggled through Covid, but hung on through that and a management shake up to be profitable again. However, the home office pulled the plug because it was an 'underperforming' store, specifically because they were not increasing their online orders fast enough. Keep in mind, this Hut is in a town where the local farmers go to retire. If they want Pizza, they are not going to order through the app on their phone. In fact, they are far more likely to stop there and eat in as it takes them longer to order online than the wait for their pizza in person.
(Pizza Hut is owned by Pepsico, parent company of Pepsi from what I understand).
However, Coke is going the same way, with Subway pushing hard into online ordering. My wife is a Subway rewards member, and anymore about the only way to get in on the special is to order your sandwich online and pick it up in the store. The last time we ate there, my wife was ordering sandwiches in the car in the parking lot. I looked around and saw several other people doing the same thing because the specials were online orders only.
This sort of thing might look good to bean counters in some city somewhere, but in a rural area, sitting down to eat, seeing someone you know, and visiting with them a bit has a lot of appeal over punching buttons on your phone, walking in, and grabbing your food in a bag. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that way because lately it seems like Subway has notably less business than when you could order in store and get the specials.
There is one fast food joint that honors the online coupons in store. If you show them that you got the text or email with the special on it, they will honor it. That place is almost always full.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)