AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why waste fertilizer top dressing wheat with an insurance claim?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 2/3/2024 23:12 (#10607670 - in reply to #10606520)
Subject: What up Dogg? Yal I’ll need to run some matrix’s to know more. $7.34

dogg4585 - 2/3/2024 09:43

Insurance fraud? Have you seen his soil samples, wheat stands, yield potential/crop conditions? Lots of wheat gets fertilized that doesn't need it here. Only a third of mine needs any to reach avg yields.

My neighbor Dogg is on point as usual.  We have our Insurance agents on speed dial.. and usually never make a move without consultation first.

Personally I think all the insurance fraud talk is way overblown by Cornbelt types that don’t rely on it as much.. it’s too important here to risk losing access to.

Like anything.. if we pay the premium.. we EXPECT THE SERVICE.. just like buying seed.. fertilizer or any other input.. perform.. and we’ll do business.. don’t perform.. we’ll evaluate our options.

I pulled records this afternoon from the past three years.. Carry over N is anywhere from nil to 80 lbs across the fields.. years.  Most top end is 100 lbs for dryland.. so.. we may be close.  Depending upon the yield and price goals.. we may.. or may not need more.  I’ll need to run some excel matrixes of yield and price to get a better handle.

We part a starter down with the drills so we’re “good enough” for now.  The weather outlook.. “the window” may dictate.. as well as.. other factors.. “Thunder in February.. freeze in May.”  ???

as well as the short fund positions.  Prices will matter.  The fall price was $7.34.

We also need to walk fields.. evaluate stands and weed pressure. 

too early to know for sure today. 

Edited by JonSCKs 2/3/2024 23:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)