AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for GreenhouseGuy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GreenhouseGuy
Posted 2/5/2010 00:58 (#1058666 - in reply to #1058657)
Subject: Re: question for GreenhouseGuy

Piedmont, NC
Mine dumps corn from the top into the pot and I have an agitator stir it while it burns. Its one mean blow torch. I'm sure when you stir yours you know what I mean. You have to have alot of air for as much corn as you are talking about. What are they asking for that system? As for the tomatoes, I just use them to keep my space at the farmers market. I don't keep up with yields much. If I keep about 115 boxes at the market every week I can afford to pay everyone and keep my space. When its starts going down to about 50 boxes I start losing my butt. The good thing about German Johnson here is I can get 2.50 to 3 dollars a pound in the early going so you can make some serious money, but only for a short period. Usually ends up a $1.50 per pound in the end. Commercial varieties end up in the high .60 to .70 marks by the end. keep in mind these old tomatoes make 1 to 2 pound tomatoes and they bear fast and DIE! If I get three weeks out of GJ I am doing good. I plant server al times. I also start them under 1.5 ounce row covers early to get that price as much as possible.

Edited by GreenhouseGuy 2/5/2010 00:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)