AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar eclipse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 1/13/2024 20:59 (#10572727 - in reply to #10572652)
Subject: RE: Solar eclipse

Sheridan Mi
Red Green Tractors - 1/13/2024 20:20

Came right over here in '17. It was worth experiencing. I didn't have to travel anywhere to see it, walked outside the house.

I heard there where traffic jams soon after the eclipse on the main highways leaving to the major cities like Louisville, St. Louis, and Nashville.

We waited until the next day to head home. We had WSM Nashville on the car radio for as long as it would come in. It was 10:30 AM or so before it faded out. They said all the freeways around Nashville were a parking lot and that if you were trying to get to work, good luck. They said there was 50,000 people at the airport still waiting to get out of town. We watched it with friends, just the four of us and a dozen dogs out in the edge of a hay field. That was the only way to do it. I sure wouldn't have wanted to have experienced it in a circus atmosphere with a big crowd. We did't have any traffic at all right after the eclipse until we got up to TN 111. I had to turn back south in to traffic there to get back down to the cabin we had rented. I finally had to finagle my way over to the right turn lane, find a small break then pull out and gun it. We went north and turned left in to a driveway so we could turn around and go back south.

A friend from up here went down too with some other folks. I didn't know he was going until after we got back home. They went down around Sparta I think he said. Anyway, they headed right back the same day. He said it took them five hours to go the first hundred miles.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)