AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/12/2024 23:57 (#10570954 - in reply to #10570814)
Subject: RE: Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use

This is all stuff I intended to cover in a separate thread. Maybe I still will despite this reply.

The Tesla was awesome in the mountains. I’m a guy who doesn’t like to ride the brakes so anytime I’ve gone through there before I have had a hard time keeping a somewhat reasonable speed without cringing at how I was treating my brakes.

But in the Tesla, there was no worry at all. It just stayed at whatever speed you wanted all the way through, up or down, no issues and no use of the actual brakes as the regenerative braking was sufficient. That was a very enjoyable experience.

The display has several ways to analyze energy use. First there is a “trips” page which is similar to the A and B trip odometers on more modern vehicles that show separate fuel economy for separate groups of miles.

You have miles and energy efficiency and total energy used since the last time you stopped driving.

Then the same thing for miles some the last charge. Then the same thing for a renameable trip A and a renameable trip be. I’ll put a picture here and then in a subsequent reply I’ll describe the second way energy is tracked.

Edited by dpilot83 1/13/2024 02:32

(IMG_9131 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_9131 (full).jpeg (82KB - 76 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)