AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/12/2024 12:05 (#10569830 - in reply to #10569694)
Subject: RE: Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use

BeerBudgetFarms - 1/12/2024 11:09

davpal - 1/12/2024 11:01

The thing I noticed was how many times he used the word "worried" on their trip. Doesn't sound like a fun time at all having anxiety every time you get in the car. How was the Grand Canyon? I can't remember because my mind was spinning the whole time with range anxiety. LoL.That was a Quest.

exactly and when he slowed down to 50mph washe still on a freeway or back road it really doesn't matter because he was still a traffic accident waiting to happen

There was very little traffic in either location. That would never happen on the freeway as there are tons of super chargers in those settings.

They do have rear view mirrors and the Tesla has incredible acceleration and I was driving defensively so even with the people who did have to pass us, there was no risk of an accident. 0-60 is 3.6 seconds. 50 to 70 is plenty of speed change to prevent an accident and takes a lot less than than 3.6 seconds to make it happen. Regardless in both cases it turned out the slow driving was not necessary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)