AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/12/2024 11:43 (#10569780 - in reply to #10569739)
Subject: RE: Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use

tmrand - 1/12/2024 11:28

Quick question............are prices to fuel up at the chargers different.......... like buying gas and diesel? Is there any competition?? I worry a tad about the monopoly being created on that front.

If you were going to charge at level 3 chargers like Tesla Super Chargers or competitors all the time, the difference in cost between gasoline and electricity would not be that great. I don’t have personal experience with it because the Tesla came with 6 months of free Super Charging so we paid nothing for energy on the trip but I’m under the impression that it’s generally about 3 times more expensive than the electric rate I have at home (which is $0.105/kWh).

I plan on about 95% or more of our charging to be on my Level 2 supply equipment at home so it’s not a major factor for me but for anyone who needs to charge on Level 3 stuff, that’s what they will experience. There are variations across the country just like there are variations on fuel prices throughout the country.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)