AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/12/2024 11:37 (#10569764 - in reply to #10569635)
Subject: RE: Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use

BeerBudgetFarms - 1/12/2024 10:40

dpilot83 - 1/12/2024 10:36

I forgot to mention. So far it has not burst into flames. Major oversight there. I’ll be sure to let ya’ll know if/when it does.

so why did you buy it To save the planet or just to try a EV out

I have no opinions on saving the planet. It does not factor into any of my vehicle purchase decisions including the Tesla.

I do think it’s obvious that someday in the future we will run out of crude. Maybe not tomorrow and maybe not even 200 years from now but it’s inevitable. Someone in the last thread made a big deal about “running out” not being a real thing and proclaimed that it’ll get to the point where it’s too expensive to extract it from the earth instead. I thought to myself, “I just said the exact same thing but in fewer words”. Anyway, as long as the earth does not end in the next 500 years then we’re going to have to figure out some other source of energy as the primary source of energy for humans maintaining their quality of life.

I don’t really care for wind but solar really excites me as a potential solution to that problem. I don’t like the way it’s being implemented when there are huge solar farms but I really love the idea of decentralized solar as it both stabilizes the grid and empowers individuals.

I view solar energy and electric vehicles as the ultimate insulator against economic turmoil that is out of our control. The ultimate preppers tool. You don’t depend on anyone for your transportation needs if you have solar and an EV. Ever since we switched from animals for transportation to machines that could not be said until the advent of solar energy and EVs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)