AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/12/2024 11:18 (#10569710 - in reply to #10569651)
Subject: RE: Tesla update: Charging/range on long trips, cold weather and average energy use

conservation cop - 1/12/2024 10:50

So bottom line: does the charger anxiety exist. Were you stressed worrying about your next charge? As you describe it, you sound like it consumed your every driving moment. But, did it? Oh and thanks for taking the time to post!

For me I don’t call it anxiety. I enjoy keeping track of it and learning about it. But there is no way that I’m going to try to convince you or anyone that it’s an advantage to driving an EV. The route that you choose is definitely affected by the availability of charging infrastructure. Many if not most people would call what I call what I experienced, “range anxiety”. For me it was just fun to see what could be done.

I used three sources for making sure I wasn’t going to get in trouble for any given place we were going:

- the built in navigation of the Tesla which shows all nearby Tesla Super Chargers with a push of one button on the screen

- A Better Route Planner (ABRP) app which does route planning a little differently than the Tesla navigation and has more options for chargers than just Tesla listed

- PlugShare which is good for showing you plan C and D and F if plans A and B don’t work out. It’s basically crowd sourced information for random places they charged. You might click on a charge location on the map and there will be pictures of a random 14-50 outlet at an RV camping spot or some friendly guys business. The comments will say, “Joe was super nice, call him at xxx-xxx-xxxx and give him a few bucks and he’ll let you charge here for a few hours to get you on your way”

We never had to use plan B, much less plan C or beyond but we had options if we needed them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)