AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recommend a washer and dryer set
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 1/11/2024 07:57 (#10567786 - in reply to #10567636)
Subject: RE: Recommend a washer and dryer set

When we got married in 2004 my wife had a maytag bought about 1987-88 I believe, motor went out I put a Speed Queen motor in from the recycling center . about 7 years ago it started leaking so at that age I figured probably not worth fixing. Bought a new Maytag form Menards, had a 10 year tuib guarantee in 4 years the bearing went out so tried replacing it, supposed to buy the whole assembly for 1/2 the price of what we paid for the washer, managed to replace the bearing but it still had a drive system issue, not sure if I caused because I followed a U-tube video for disassembly that was not quite the right model or if it was shot from use. My wife hated that washer took at least an hour to do a load was always jumping around etc. Bought a Speed Queen, mid range, smaller drum then the Maytag 4 years ago. It never gets out of balance, a load takes a little over 1/2 the time the Maytag did. Do not really notice the smaller drum or load size, that being said my wife probably overloads abit. Belt was slipping they replaced under warranty last spring, not sure how man y times they will do it, but it is a easy quick repair and if I have to replace it every 2-3 years it sure beats putting up with that piece of junk that Maytag has become. This being said this machine does not have a gearbox like the old ones the speed change etc. is done electrically, will it really last, who knows we will see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)