AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy guys?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sammyd
Posted 1/10/2024 01:37 (#10566012 - in reply to #10563042)
Subject: RE: Dairy guys?

Stratford WI
I picked up an old Universal M3 vac pump on a steel balance tank and put it in the shop side of my garage and piped the vacuum over to the other side where I put in a single tie stall. Picked up a used vac controller at a local dairy place. Had a Universal pulsation set up from my old days as a service guy....
Earlier I milked goats on a double stand in there but was going to milk a little shorthorn I had picked up....Used a Universal claw and an old fresh cow bucket.
I would Take out 2 buckets of water before milking one warm and one hot with a little pipeline detergent. after milking I would suck the rinse water through then the soapy water while dipping the claw in and out of the bucket. I would run acid through every other day or so. I did pick up a hose cleaning brush and an inflation brush so I could break everything down for a good scrub if it needed it.
Kept it clean enough. We Chilled the milk immediately and each milking separately. Never had a problem.
We were up to near 20 goats by the time we got tired of it. Kept us in milk and fed a few pigs and lots of calves over the several years we did it. Never did milk the heifer though....

(stall (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments stall (full).jpg (89KB - 53 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)