AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tuffbuilt squeeze chute
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 1/8/2024 01:41 (#10562680 - in reply to #10562239)
Subject: RE: Tuffbuilt squeeze chute

Full Disclosure: I am a dealer, It is a well built chute designed for a herd your size or smaller, ( floor was upgraded to the same design as the rest of the chutes a few years ago) It is a double sided parallel squeeze chute. We have 3 manual chutes , all of them use the same headgates either manual or automatic. the Economy is 2" narrower then the rest and somewhat shorter, but taller the a Foremost A26 (I think I have this model number correct) The Heavy Duty also has ratchets ( I virtually never use these for cows, but do for smaller animals) a full length shot door, and a nicer side door set-up, but cost about $1000 more. I sell more Heavy Duty's then Economy or Deluxes combined. When I first started selling List was cheaper then the cheap Preifert that Fleet sold, now I think we may be slightly higher, but IMO still a better buy as it is built heavier. All of these chutes have a hinged bottom 1/2 side rather then the miserable removable bottom panels some companys just seem to be unable to move past. Unless you have extemely tall por huge mama cows it will work for you, I personally have the Heavy Duty and am very happy with it, I was going to buy the Economy, very glad I spent the extra money, but we do run about 60 cows. They have grease zerks on all the moving joints, to keep them from setting up as well as it helps to make it a very quiet operating chute, but it is light years better then just a headgate fastened to some posts.

Edited to fix fat finger syndrome

Edited by WCWI 1/8/2024 18:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)