AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yankton ringing the bell fat cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lacockcattleco
Posted 12/19/2023 21:16 (#10532469 - in reply to #10532224)
Subject: RE: Yankton ringing the bell fat cattle

N.E. MT
Not sure what you thought I meant, Was just stating that the middleman’s cut is usually a fraction of what they are able to get out of the packers. The packer always wins with direct sales, The price at auction being 10$ over that is the proof. I’m all for middlemen and not having to deal with packer buyers, most of them are a pia. If everything was sold at auction we would’ve seen lots of cattle over 2$ this summer. Cash cattle trade for ia last week was 1.64 according to cobalt on feeder flash. I didn’t look that up for reference but 6$ under fce? 3$/hd for 84$ that’s a pretty easy 81 bucks

Fce sells them well but there are way more variables figured into that price, In my case that might be 1000+ miles of trucking. Most are sold fob feedlot. It is also very easy to set a reserve price and you can get exposure to lots of different options. Yorkton would be a more even market as everything is hauled to a central location but again has advantage to the packers that are closest to it. The labor of loading and unloading and the stress on the animals of any sale barn situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)