AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SoDak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 12/19/2023 21:11 (#10532457 - in reply to #10532312)
Subject: RE: SoDak

EC SoDak
It depends where you’re at I suppose. The NE part of the state, if memory serves, for the most part hasn’t been droughty the last handful of years. This year the NE corner, central, and western SoDak have had decent moisture, be it snow, rain, or a combo of the two. EC and parts of SE SoDak have been the drier areas I’d guess. I got some rain the end of September into the first week of October (you can see roughly how much comparing the 90 day map to the 60). For me, it’s still dry and am not seeing any later fall/early winter rains to dampen the soil before it freezes (see 60 and 30 day maps). The drought monitor gives a little glimpse into the droughty areas yet. Currently I’m around 13” of moisture on the year, about 12” off of normal.

Generally El Niño means a warm/hot and dry winter up here, so I’m not planning on pulling out of drought before planting starts. I hand some ground that still had a lot of nitrogen left in it and generally can handle COC, but with continued drought, I’m planning beans on it. Of course, beans to corn swap in the spring is easier than the other way around (I fall fertilize), so if I see a drastic change, maybe it’ll go corn.

How are things looking up your way?

Edited by SoDak Farms 12/19/2023 21:14

(IMG_1850 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_1851 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_1854 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_1853 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1850 (full).jpeg (172KB - 180 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1851 (full).jpeg (167KB - 158 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1854 (full).jpeg (189KB - 157 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1853 (full).jpeg (73KB - 164 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)