AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

End of year, how did the year go for you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 12/17/2023 11:55 (#10528424 - in reply to #10526863)
Subject: RE: End of year, how did the year go for you?

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
Wow what a year! The other David described it best, God is good! Started out rough on a personal basis, went from 14-hour workdays in the fall of last year, to my Aortic valve shutting down in a one month period and just about croaking me waiting to get the Sawzall work done ; ) pushed hard to get back to work condition and had a great farming season.... funny thing, thought about some of my buddies on here when I was going through it, told myself to stop being a pussy and work harder, Russ came to mind when he was fighting for his life during his bout with covid.
On the Ranch we managed to keep and run through the feedlot almost everything we produce on the farming side of the enterprise, saved 150k in trucking alone... ran WAY more crops through the JAG chopper and far less 3x4 bales than ever before. Started feeding on a custom basis as well as our own calf crop and have been hitting the grid successfully. Every year we try to measure our advancement towards being financially independent and getting this farming/ranching machine done, largest grossing year to date..... ahh so where is the money? Wife and I sold the Cali shack this fall and should turn some tax mans heads with the cap gains, tripled in value in 12 years. Graduated one Granddaughter from college and my oldest Grandson graduates from diesel tech school in the spring and comes home to partner with his father and myself.... that's why I sold the vacation home want to spend more time working with family.
Have the greatest Christmas ever this year my friends. And of course, a big happy birthday to my Savior JESUS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)