AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Emissions Sniffers coming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 12/16/2023 13:30 (#10527238 - in reply to #10527224)
Subject: RE: New Emissions Sniffers coming

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
The Pretender - 12/16/2023 11:17

We have a 40yd skip (dumpster) in the yard. All of the general farm waste has to go in there. To move it, the haulier needs a waste transfer license and it needs to go to a licensed waste handling facility. All of the plastic spray chemical cans are triple washed on the sprayer and end up in another 40yd skip and again need a waste transfer license to move and need to go to a licensed handling facility, but this is usually a free tip.

Here we have a land fill tax that has made it very expensive to put waste in landfill, mainly because there's hardly any left and to encourage recycling. It has caused some unintended issues with illegally dumped waste.

I have to pay through taxes to get my rubbish removed and have to pay to keep my very small car and bike clean and legal

Not a very clear message here.

What I get from it is that you acknowledge that some people will do whatever they can to dump (sometimes literally) their responsibility onto someone else, but there are some like yourself who will do the minimum so they can sanctimoniously believe they did their part, while still leaving the responsibility of the pollution of the combine that harvests their wheat on the farmers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)