AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

End of year, how did the year go for you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

yongfarmer89
Posted 12/16/2023 11:41 (#10527067 - in reply to #10526863)
Subject: RE: End of year, how did the year go for you?

whitesville new york
Roller coaster would be a great description.

Thought I was ready to build a new dairy barn, ended up deciding to not sign papers in jan. Probably the best decision we made all year as our milk market/ co-op has went from bad to worse. This messed up our operationing loans as everything was tied to building the barn, almost sold the milking herd in May due to cash flow issues, but fat cattle saved the day paying for corn inputs. Got operations figured out June 1st. We scaled back barn to a cattle barn to find out my banker was very over whelmed and the other local banks didn't want to work with us landing at farm credit. Was really dry may into June, concerned about 1st cutting being only cutting, pasture not holding out considered selling cows again, but timely rains made for one of the best grazing seasons and probably have the most forage on hand ever. Bought in the bulk of our corn needs in as hmsc for the 1st time.

I feel we are in very good shape going forward dairy or no dairy, fat cattle keeps becoming a bigger part of our business
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)