AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 2/1/2010 08:27 (#1052215 - in reply to #1051985)
Subject: Re: Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys

Ethridge, TN
Would you have any pics of the float you are talking about, in use, or just sitting?? How do they work if you have some trash on the field?? This is the real problem, as we just don't clean till anything anymore, so trying to fill holes has really become a challenge. I've tried to use the pan we have, Garfield ejector, as a big box blade at times, and it's not bad if things are clean, but the least bit of trash, and your cutting a groove somewhere along the cutting edge. Next worse problem, is it seems I'm always in a hurry the day I do get a little time to work on some of this, so you get disgusted real quick when your going back over spots trying to feather out, and it's balling and making a mess. Plus the pan just isn't very wide, so lots of time involved.

I have just about thought we need to buy a plow, run fields we want to try and level, and just keep rotating around. Currently, the program is to rip cornstalks, BluJet Subtiller, summer points, and then follow that with a pass of either the 330 True Tandem, or the GP Turbo-till, depending if we need to move a little dirt. Following bean stubble, is a trip with the chisel plow followed by the 330. I come the closest to having clean dirt on the bean stubble side, but there can still be some trash showing. The thing with running a plow, I'd probably be the only one that could run it, telling on my age, but I'm probably the only one that has ever ran a plow before that works here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)